District Rural Development Agency of Nayagarh District
Aims and objectives:
India lives in its villages. Govt. therefore accords high priority for Rural development. DRDA is the bed rock for implementation and supervision of all Anti-poverty, Wage employment, Rural Housing and the programmes of Ministry of Rural development, Govt. of India and some programmes of Govt. of Odisha.
If effective programme design is critical to successful implementation of Rural Development Programmes, so is an effective delivery agency. None of the anti poverty progammes can have impact unless they are implemented with clarity of purpose and a commitment to the task.. It is here that the DRDAs play a critical role. DRDA is a supporting and facilitation organization and needs to play a very effective role as a catalyst in development process.
Brief History and Background:
DRDA, Nayagarh started functioning w.e.f. 02.07.1993 as a society registered under the provisions of Societies Registration Act, 1860. Both district level officials and public representatives like M.Ps, MLAs, Panchayat Samiti Chairpersons, etc are the members of the society. President,Zilla Parishad is the Ex. Officio Chairman of DRDA. All administrative and financial powers are vested on the Collector. The Project Director of the Agency looks after day to day administration. DRDA receives funds under various programmes directly from Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India and State Govt. and in turn releases the same to various banks/executing agencies. It monitors the implementation of schemes, utilization of fund very closely. Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India constituted a Vigilance and Monitoring Committee under the Chairmanship of M.P., Cuttack to effectively monitor implementation of various schemes and ensure proper utilization of funds.>/p>
The DRDA also plays vital role in –
- (1) Enabling the community and the rural poor to participate in the decision making process
- (2) The DRDA ensures effective utilization of the funds intended for anti-poverty programmes.
- (3) Overseeing the implementing programmes ensuring adherence to Guidelines, quality, equity and efficiency.
- (4) Reporting to the concerned authorities on the implementation.
- (5) Promoting transparency in decision making and implementation.
- (6) Co-ordinates effectively with the Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- (7) Facilitates and supports Zilla Parisad and provides necessary executive and technical support in respect of poverty reduction efforts and creation of rural infrastructure development.
- (8) Keeps the State and Central Governments duly informed of the progress of the implementation of the programs through periodic reports in the prescribed formats as and when called for are provided.
- (9) Promotes transparency in the implementation of different anti-poverty programmes.
- (10) Ensures financial discipline in respect of the funds received by them, whether from central or state Governments, keeping in view the Substantial investments that are being made in poverty alleviation programmes. They shall also ensure that the accounts are properly maintained including in respect of the funds allocated to Banks or implementing agencies accordance with the guidelines of different programmes.
Following important schemes are implemented through DRDA
|Name of the Schemes||Nature of the beneficiaries||Implementing offices||Procedure of Inclusion>|
|Houses under PMAY(G)||Living in Kutcha Houses as per SECC-2011 Survey||Panchayat Samitis||As per the Priority list prepared through SECC-2011 Survey|
|Houses under BPGY||Living in Kutcha Houses as per SECC-2011 Survey||Panchayat Samitis||As per the Priority list prepared through SECC-2011 Survey|
|BPGY (Special)||Poor rural houses having no pucca house & houses damaged in calamity||Panchayat Samitis||Application to Panchayat Samiti. Proposal by BDO alongwith report from Tahasildar for approval by DLC.|
|Unskilled wage under MGNREGS||All adult rural persons willing to do unskilled work||Panchayat Samitis,GP, Line Departments||Registration for Job Card.& Demand for work at GP. GP Executive Officer/GRS to be contacted.|
|Name of the service||Nature of the beneficiaries||Implementing offices|
|Houses under PMAY(G)||Living in Kutcha Houses as per SECC-2011 Survey||Panchayat Samitis|
|Houses under BPGY||Living in Kutcha Houses as per SECC-2011 Survey||Panchayat Samitis|
|BPGY (Special)||Poor rural houses having no pucca house & houses damaged in calamity||Panchayat Samitis|
|Subsidized loan for self employment||All rural SHGs willing to be self employed and fulfils bank norm of financing||Panchayat Samitis|
|Unskilled wage under MGNREGS||All adult rural persons willing to do unskilled work||Panchayat Samitis,GP, Line Departments|
All schemes and guidelines are available at web site.
- www. nrega.nic.in
- www.nrlm.gov.in/, www.nrlmskills.in
Project Director, DRDA, Nayagarh
Grievance Date – On Every Monday
Ph No 06753-252051
Addl. Project Director (Admn)
Head Clerk, DRDA