SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN (S.S.A)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is a flagship programme of Government of India’s for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right
In Odisha SSA has been implemented in 30 districts since 2001 with the following objectives
- All Children of 6-14 years age group in school by 2003.
- All Children to complete 5 years of schooling by 2007.
- All Children to complete 8 years of schooling by 2010.
- Universal retention by 2010.
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at Upper Primary stage by 2010.
- Focus on Elementary Education of satisfactory quality with focus on education for life.
SARVA SIKHYA ABHIYAN ,NAYAGARH
- No of District Project Office-01
- No. of Block Education Offices – 8
- There are 761 Primary schools, 495 Upper Primary schools & 245 high Schools in the district.
- 4961 teachers in Govt schools and 244 teachers in Govt aided schools are working in the district.
- 119379 students are reading in Class I to VIII in different Schools in the district.
- 29 996 students are reading in Class IX and X in different High Schools.
- Uniform has been distributed among all SC/ST/BPL / APL Boys and all girls of Govt and Govt aided schools.
- Text book has been provided to all children from Class I to VIII.
- Self defence training has been organised for Girls at Upper Primary level in 141 nos of upper primary schools of the district
- Computer aided learning programme has been implemented in 106 nos of Upper Primary schools.
- Subject and contain based training has been provided to all teachers for learning achievement of children.
- Ujjwal and Uthan (remediation Package) training has been provided to all teachers to ensure class wise competency of children.
- Medical assessment camps of differently abled children have been organised in all blocks to provide Aides and Appliances’.
- Parental counselling programme has been organised in all blocks to ensure regular attendance and achievement of differently able children.
- The innovative programme named ‘” SRUJAN” has been organised in all clusters for the wellbeing of SC/ST children.
- The mega Co curricular activity programme “SURAVI” of children has been organised at cluster, Block and district level.
- The teachers have been oriented on adolescent health and counselling for children at upper primary level.
- Transport and escort allowances have been provided to the differently able children as well as the children remaining far from school.
- Training has been conducted for school management committee members to ensure all round development of schools.
- Training programme has been organised for all BEOs, ABEOs CRCCs on safety and security of children at district level.
- Training programme has been conducted in all clusters for MTA members on BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO campaign.
- National Achievement Survey (NAS) – achievement tests have been conducted in pilot school of the district.
- SIG, RMG & TLM grants have been provided to all schools.
- Skill development training & Ball JYOTI Programme have been organised for CWSN.
- Infrastructure facility have been provided to 21 nos of Building-less schools and BOYS and Girls toilets are given to all schools.
- BaLA (Building as Learning Aids has been implemented in Odagaon UGMES to ensure ideal school.