District Information and Public relations Office
About the Department
District Information and Public relations Office is an important department of Government .The Nayagarh information and Public Relations office started functioning since 01.04.1994 in the district headquarter. DIPRO is head of this office.
Location of the Office
Office of the DI&PRO, Nayagarh,
At- Khandapara Road ,Near LIC Office
Phone No 06753 – 252351,Email- dipro.ngr[at]gmail.com
Working hours both for office and public:
DI&PRO OFFICE is working from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. There is one Information centre -cum- Reading room under the control of DI&PRO, Nayagarh . The opening hour of the Information centers is from 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. daily other than Govt. holidays. Govt. has supplied T.V ,Radio, Books and daily news papers and magazines to this Reading Room.
The District headed by DI&PRO in the cadre of Class-II ( gazetted).
- Clerk-Librarian -01
- Operator -01
- Driver -01
- Jr.typist-cum-Jr.store keeper -01
- Peon-cum-Watchman -01
- Night Watcher-Cum-sweeper -01
Mission /vision :
- To ascertain the reaction of the public regarding various activities of the Govt. and appraise the public about the plans and programmes of the Govt. through different media.
- To observe birth and death ceremony of prominent persons and also to celebrate independence day,replublic day ,Odisha day,National Press Day etc.
- The role of DIPRO to provide news to all media of different meetings. With this the developmental works of the govt published through all media.
- The press clippings of different news published in newspapers of the district regularly submitted to the Collector.
- This department provides Utkal prasang, Odisha review, Odisha reference and booklets about the prominent persons to public and provide the success story to Utkal prasang and Odisha review about developmental programme of the government.
- Different cultural activities are organized by this department like Car festival,Dusshera,Ram Navami,Shivaratri etc. Besides that this department open the information centre and photo exhibition during this time.
- Through cultural troup like palla,daskathia etc this department also publicity the development schemes of the govt..
- To arrange public address system of the important Govt. meetings, supply books to the members through lending library system.
- This department also helps to the journalist to provide life insurance ,health treatment etc.
Duties to be performed to achieve the mission :
- To keep good relation with public as well as press reporters to highlight the various activities of the Govt.
Details of services rendered:
- To apprise the Collector about the news published in news paper through press clippings daily. Take necessary action in the matter as directed. Organise important meetings in co-ordination with other departments to highlight different schemes.
- The DI&PRO is working as a bridge among the Press Reporters and District Administration by providing all types of information relating to District Administration to the Press reporters as and when required.
- Citizens interaction :Collecting information from the public and opinion makers by way of discussion.
- Public interaction, if any:Whenever required we organize various meetings seminars among the public.
- Grievance redress mechanism:By hearing the grievances during the office hours and takes appropriate action .
- Public Information Officer of RTI :- Sri Surendra Kumar Sahoo
First Applet Authority of RTI :- Dr. Pramod Kumar Naik, DI&PRO
Organisational Structure Of District Information & Public relations Office,Nayagarh.
Commissioner-cum- Secretary to Govt.
Information & Public Relations Deptt.Govt.of Odisha
Director & Addl. Secretary to Govt.
Dist. Information & Public Relations Officer, Nayagarh
Jr.clerk Clerk cum-Librarian Operator Jr.typist cum store keeper Driver Nightwatcher cum- sweeper peon-cum-Watchman